Assuming that you are using a Custom Policy, there are two steps to creating the XML to place within the <Data></Data> for the WiFi CSP WlanXML node:
- Export XML from an existing profile
- Encode the XML so that it can be processed by the OMA-DM client
Export XML from an existing profile
If you are migrating from Group Policy management to MDM management, then you probably already have a device configured with the needed WiFi profile that you can use to export the XML.
To export XML from an existing profile, perform the following steps from an existing GPO-managed device:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type netsh wlan export profile name=enter the name of the interface here
Encode the XML so that it can be processed by the OMA-DM client
- Open the exported XML with Notepad++ or the XML editor of your choice
- While there are a lot of fancier ways to handle the encoding, the simplest way is to do a replace all for the following three items –
- < is replaced with <
- > is replaced with >
- “ is replaced with “
If you are using Custom XML, paste the resultant XML between the <Data></Data> and push the policy via the MDM of your choice.
In a separate post, I will share information about where to confirm that your policies have been applied.