MDMs and PCLM tools typically install applications in the System Context to allow all users of the PC to utilize the installed application.
In order to accurately test (we call this a pre-flight test) packages prior to deploying them with your MDM, you will want to leverage PSEXEC. This will ensure that the manual installation test correctly mimics the System Context installation that will be performed by your MDM.
• Download Sysinternals Suite from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/sysinternals-suite
• Save Sysinternals.zip to Desktop
• Right-click on the ZIP and select Extract all then Extract
Copy PSEXEC apps into the System Folder
• Copy PSEXEC.exe and PSEXEC64.exe from the extracted folder to C:\Windows\System32 folder
Run the installation using PSEXEC
• Run Command Prompt as Administrator
• Type psexec \127.0.0.1 -i -s cmd.exe (this will open a new command prompt window; Note – for VMS type psexec -i -s cmd.exe)
• Type whoami to confirm that it is running as NT system user
Now you are ready to test the installation of your application using the command line which is now running in System Context.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments about these instructions!